Thursday 23 July 2015

Waiting

Hi everyone,

Jotting this at work prior to S.E.S. training.

I have to say, I've felt a bit flat today.  In part I put that down to a late night involving a solid workout.  I think part of it, though, came from seeing something reposted in my Facebook feed involving the ex first thing this morning.  I wouldn't have thought it would rattle me: I don't think about her much now, and I can't say I really even think about the Before-Time too much either.  But, there you have it.  I don't recommend it as a way to start the day.


This will be the first weekend in a couple of weeks that I won't have been away somewhere.  Jennie and JP are coming up on the Saturday to mark her birthday, so that'll be good.  I don't know if Fran or Michael are coming up as well, although one would expect so.  An extended period with the old boy will be a little difficult though.  The older he gets, the more argumentative he becomes, and he seems to get quite agitated if someone expresses a different view to him on almost anything.  Honestly, at the first hint of an argument I'm finding it's easiest if I let whatever-it-is just drop.  I know the clash-of-generations was already a cliche when Menander wrote The Dyskolos, but this isn't really even comical.

On the plus side, this weekend will bring a chance to skype with Grace and Rachel which is something worth its weight in gold.

Not much more to write just now.  I imagine I'll put up a further post this evening when I'm back at the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment