Monday 7 September 2015

A patchy monday

Hi everyone,

Here I am again at the farm on Monday evening.  I'm writing this after dinner and thinking about getting another glass of wine.

It's been an interesting day.  I skyped with the girls last night and was in bed a little after 1am.  They're both doing well: they were getting ready to go to Mass and then to have lunch with the ex's parents.  I'm so glad they have those strong family ties.  Her parents are the sweetest and most loving people in the world and I know they take good care of Grace and Rachel.  God bless them.

Anyway, late night notwithstanding, I was up just on 7am and at work by 8:30am.  The day itself was fiddly and forgettable, apart from that I spoke with my boss who approved me applying for the Deputy Corporate Secretary job.  I'm not in love with the Goulburn Valley, but I'll need work beyond April and I have to take my shots when I can.  I sent the application off today.

There's a possible development with some family drama.  I'm not going to share details (not yet at least); suffice it to say that with some situations the stress of them reaching their high-point can actually be kind of welcome: it means that a longstanding problem is finally close to resolving. 

I made the mistake of looking at The Age and at the comments at the ABC today.  I don't understand the world.  I don't really why people - like me - who want no more to live simply and lovingly and morally, seem to be viewed with such hatred and contempt.  And why so many people seem to feel oblivious to the selfishness of their actions.  It's stupid to be saying it, but in honesty I think the world makes less sense to me now than at any other time in my life.

No more for now.  More later

No comments:

Post a Comment