Friday 12 February 2016

Coxswains Course - Prologue

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've written a 'what I'm doing' post.  This one, though, merits it for sure.

I'm typing this on my phone at Swan Hill, where SES is holding its coxswains training course.  Madison, Justin and I are here from the Tatura unit, as are a number of people from the North East and North West regions.  We've been doing some pre-course training on the Goulburn with Anthony, who already has his coxswain's ticket, and after an evening brushing up on navigation I think we're feeling positive about it.


It was a longish drive up here from Tatura - about three hours, and we talked much of the way.  Stopped for dinner in Echuca (McDonalds for them, Subway for me).



The accomodation is fairly basic but clean; I think the place spends a lot of its time being a school camp.  I'm good with that: I've definitely slept in rougher than this!


I'm really looking forward to how this weekend unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment